Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Love...part 2

she walks over to Wazobia and starts cussing the khebab guy out... the girl was rattling in thick Igbo... i knew it was Igbo because, well because...ok, she told me later but whatever. my order was next and on the grill, i had been waiting patiently and this chick comes out of nowhere to claim it her portion from God, you must be mad!
i see the khebab guy give "my" meat to her and i walk over and say politely, "Oi love, seems there's a bit of a problem here, that's my order you have there"... i was about to add the "ain't it" when she hit me with " hold on Jor,? and then in perfect Queen's English, " i ordered this an hour ago... and in future whenever you want to impress some chicken-head babe, fake a better accent", then she walked off.

i can not tell you how i felt because i blacked out for about a minute before realizing that i was been laughed at by the bevy of girls at the food stand. i must have stood still for another thirty seconds before i mustered the courage or better yet the cowardice to go after her. it wasn't the food or the cash i had already given out, i could always get a different set, it was the fact that this girl had no idea, for some odd reason, who i was. and that excited me more than it had hurt my pride.

i broke into a jog to catch up to her, tapped her on the shoulder and she didn't even turn around to ascertain who it was. "yes! i don't think i can help you with your diction but i know a good grade school teacher who did wonders for my two year old cousin". i was blown away... the sheer gall of this woman to tell me off and with such ease. my nerves were at their limit and i was about to crack a skull. i cut infront of her, took a stand and let it rip..."look, woman, what you did was rude and uncalled for. i would be in my right mind to say really abusive things to you right now but you are not worth the energy". i took the package out of her hands and walked off to the nearest bin and dropped it in. "you could have asked politely and i would have gladly giving you priority, yet you thought being a totally *bleep*(ermm... some readers might be underage so a few words will be edited to keep the parents happy) would suffice, here, your feast awaits"

in hindsight, that was probably the most stupid thing i had ever done at that point in my life and yet i felt very good... she stood there in awe or some emotion i couldn't fathom and for a moment she said nothing, then she starts to laugh... "you have no idea who i am, do you?" she said. i thought to my myself why she would think i gave a flying *bleep* who she was... "nobody has ever done what you just did..." duh! then she begun to apologize, saying she had a term paper due the next day and she had been studying all day and not making any head way. and so i offered to get her something to drink and help calm her nerves down before she headed back to study. then, like an ass, i formally introduced myself... "the name's Alexander" i said. "Ijeoma" she replied.

3 comments:

  1. lmao!!!! Alexander????? way gay name that??? or is that the christain name u always wanted? :P.
    like the way the dude show am level. that is what women want. a man with balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll bottle up all my comments till the last part.

    ReplyDelete